Tuesday 7 April 2015

A L3tTer to mY FATHER

On the 4th of April 2015, whiles I was wishing many of my friends happy birthday, little did i know that the smiles of celebrating the birthdays would become what i never dreamt of today. I know that someday, somehow we shall all depart this unfriendly place. Friends have lost love ones, friends and family, but little did I know that feeling is unexplainable. Dad, I never knew i was so attached to you until today, never knew I loved you soo much. Mr. Super Chef, I salute. You made such an impact, you were a mother and a father. You taught me how to virtually prepare every indigenous meal; ‘‘aborbi tadi, dzokoli, ayikple, akple, amadetsi, dedetsi, azidetsi’’ in fact a lot. I just want to say thank you. I learnt you travelled and you would be back soon, so I would be waiting, patiently waiting to see you soon. Love is such a deep word.


Dad, in my opinion, your character defines what we call leadership, you have raised leaders, and you have served your people. Above all you were HUMAN. Remember I told you that someday you would reap a lot from this hard work? Hmm, time could not lend to you anymore i guess. Mr. PTA Chairman, are you there? You always updated on how the PTA meetings went.You seized the opportunity to discuss the new things you learnt from such meetings and ensure that we see the significance analyzing the views of others. I remember way back in Lutheran School, yeah!! Those awards I received made you smile all through the programme.


I Just don't know where and how to start, My Hero. Cos there is a lot to talk about. All I can say is that, you are A hero with flaws and A hero with Class. Trying to reminisce on every single moment I shared with you, but it’s just too hard to write. Days when we need to go and sow maize seeds, plant cassava, sometimes beans, not forgetting the black berry farms. You virtually equipped us with every useful skill. Initially I thought this old man loves to disturb, But as time passed and I grew older I realised you were equipping me for tomorrow. 

We had a deal remember? I promise to establish a palm oil processing plant in one of your old farms, to illustrate to you that you have a true engineer, one the one should watch out for. Little did I know that my graduation day would be without your presence, may be in spirit. I am silently waiting for a call from you to check on how school is fairing. You never believed me when I tell you all is well in school, you felt I was protecting you from feeling bad, you want to know the answer? Yes!! I did I lie about school sometimes cos I know you cared a lot and didn’t want to add to your headaches. I still remember the days that we were sacked for fees after taking those hot ‘lashes’ for non-payment, you couldn't hold your emotions. Some memories are scars.

Daddy? When are you coming back? Remember our favourite bread oooo!. Almost all of us are in our finishing phase, preparing to give you part of our first salary. Those words of yours,'' I am educating you so that someday you would take care of me when I grow old''. Yet, you could not wait any more. smh..


The memories are just too much, However, I hope you remember them better, I love you Dad, I hope Someday we meet, Hope the angels of Heaven are welcoming you with sweet melodies. All I remember is those last prayers we said together. iNDEEd, you only need the light when its burning low, only hate the road when you missing home, But sometimes you never know you love someone soo much until he is gone, I love you Dad. Take Care and Safe Journey.....God knows Best. Go, and be in His Bosom. Rest In Perfect PeACE .

Your Son,
Reuben Seyram Agbozo


No comments:

Post a Comment